Life has a way of throwing in a few stumbling blocks every now and then just to see if we can get past them. This past week has been so chaotic I’m here to report I’m not doing very well. I’m falling over blocks!
My old dog, Bitsy hurt her back leg. She was walking outside and suddenly jumped in pain. She’s been to the vet, had x-rays, medication and they think she pulled something. Nothing shows on the x-ray, but she still won’t walk.
Instead, she barks for me to carry her everywhere. Bark, I want to go outside, I’m thirsty, I’d like a treat, can you fix me dinner? She seems perfectly happy, and even wants to play with her toys. If someone comes to the door that she really wants to see she’ll get up and walk, but otherwise I carry her everywhere and she watches my every move. I can’t believe she could learn that I will carry her if she barks. Have any of you ever heard of something like this? Now I’m worried there might be something else wrong.
Then there’s my husband the absolute animal lover. Our neighbors know how he is, so they tell him if they see any lost or injured animals. He’s heard about a little cat in the neighborhood, dragging it’s back legs and coming around houses looking for food. He’s been watching for it. Yesterday he saw it!
1. The cat showed up in our front yard.
2. My husband grabbed it and ran for a carrier.
3. The cat was biting him all the time.
4. We spent the AM in the emergency room.
5. Animal Control took the cat. Has to be tested for rabies, plus it’s back legs are severely injured.
6. Today hubby went back to the Dr. because of red streaks going up his arm.
7. He now goes to Dr. everyday for 4 days for a antibiotic shot. Guess where?
I’m cooking, cleaning, doing chores I never even knew existed, carrying Bitsy, and anything else you can think of . I’m trying to pick up those stumbling blocks as I go along, but more keep showing up! Ever have one of those weeks? Not much is getting done in the Bunny Hill studio. Life got in the way!
I’ll keep you posted on my patient’s progress.