Take 12 Moda designers, add some Moda fabric, ask each designer to design a block and what do you get? It’s another wonderful, cute, fabulous Designer Mystery Quilt that you’ll find at The Fat Quarter Shop!
Rows of houses and snowmen. It’s such a cute quilt, and I designed one of the blocks for it. As the mystery unfolds, you’re going to be glad you joined, because the finished quilt is adorable! You’ll be able to use it the entire winter, and if I were making the quilt I’d be sure to personalize it for my family. Embroider house numbers, street names, or family names on each block and you’ve got a quilt your family will treasure.
Kimberly asked us to answer a question and I didn’t have to think about it very long. She wanted to know “Out of all the places you’ve visited, which place is your favorite?” Just fly into London, rent a car, visit the Cath Kidston shop, and then drive slightly over an hour and you’ll be at my favorite place…the Cotswolds. It’s like traveling back into another era of time, where life is still romantic, people live the simple life and neighbors all know each other. I LOVED the Cotswolds.
This is the bed and breakfast we stayed at. It’s an area where around every corner…
And even garbage day is pretty!
Houses are my favorite thing in any part of the world. If you love them like I do, you’ll love The Fat Quarter Shop’s Designer Mystery for 2015. You can read all about it on the Jolly Jabber blog today then take their fun quiz to find out what quilt block you are. I took the quiz and here’s how I answered (hope my hubby isn’t reading number 3):
1. You’re in New York for the first time – yes! Where do you go first? I said I’d be taking photos in the SoHo neighborhood.
2. Your eccentric next-door neighbor swings by to ask for: A look at the antique candelabra you just bought. I love vintage finds so this is definitely me.
3. Your idea of a perfect date is: My husband watching the big game while I’m sewing with my cats.
4. What’s your favorite thing about sewing? Everything!
5. What’s your favorite thing hanging on your walls? A bookcase full of my favorite reads.
Turns out I’m the row house quilt block! Well I don’t know if it’s true, but it was a cute quiz! What block are you? Take the quiz and you’ll find out.
Hop on over to the Fat Quarter Shop blog for some fun! I love a good mystery, don’t you?