The BEAST is in the studio!
No, not the little brown beast with her head behind the pillows, but the big black beast next to her! I think of her as a beast, and so she has a name. She’s been in a closet for a year now and I made my husband and son carry her upstairs to my studio. I had to listen to lots of grumbling and complaining, but she made it up. My husband made some comment like “if she comes down she keeps going”. Tough he is NOT so I’m not worried.
Shabby and chic she isn’t. I even called Schwinn to see if they made pink bikes (“no, sorry only commercial colors and this is the first time we’ve been asked that”). Well they just lost another sale from me because I would have ordered a pink one, yes I would have. If you come to visit I might stick her in the closet, but for now she’s out because my intention is to ride this beast before I start working in the morning.
Chelsea didn’t want to be outdone so she gave me her most BEASTLY look. Eat your heart out Mark Lipinski because Chelsea is mine, yapper and all. Yes, I might like to have that little Petunia of yours too, but I’m still keeping Chelsea. LOL!
And now for another beast in the studio…my magazine send off! I tell you, if I ever get this straight it will be a miracle. I can’t keep track of who’s coming or going, but I think I finally have it figured out. Maybe. Maybe not.
Please make sure your name is on the list if you’ve contacted me. If you don’t see a city by your name, I need your address! Email me because in the next post I’m showing what treats you’ll be getting AND I’m doing a surprise drawing with your names. I’m giving away 3 of “I Believe in Angels” because you are angels for sure! To those of you in Australia and Canada a DOUBLE thank you! I never realized postage was so expensive in your countries. How’s the price of your gas? LOL!
- Carol Lewis/Arizona http://www.carolscraftcloset.blogspot.com/
- Cathi Godwin/Toronto, Ontario http://www.quiltobsession.blogspot.com/
- Beth Dasecke/Australia http://www.highlandhen.blogspot.com/
- Erin Bennett/New Hampsire http://www.godoodlesnquilt.blogspot.com/
- Jodi Nelson/Oregon/ http://simplythisthatandtheother.blogspot.com/
- Sally Frye/Illinois
- Angela Bonomo/California
- Karen Perry http://www.yellowfarmhouse.typepad.com/
- Diane Saphos/Pennsylvania
- Dora Dis/Reykjavik, Iceland http://www.catnap.typepad.com/
- Jackie Kunkel http://www.cvquiltworks.blogspot.com/
- Marcia Campbell/Australia
- Pat Shipp/ Florida
- Jean Cogdill/Utah/ http://dougjean.blogspot.com/
- Sharon Clark/Kentucky
- Jan Richards/Washington
- Jocelyn House/Australia
- Lori Marchbanks/Maine
- Bridgette Mason/California
- Pat Duffany/New York/http://pat-bitsandpieces.blogspot.com/
- Susan Haase/California
- Cheryl Killingsworth/Arkansas
- Louise Murphy/Washington
- Vicky McGee/California http://laquilter.blogspot.com/
- Anne Dease/California
- Diane Nagle/Nevada
And finally, to make this beast happy (that would be me) and to help my organization attempt, I bought this CUTE pink shelf on eBay. Then I rounded up all my glass jars, salt and pepper shakers etc. and I managed to bring some clutter under control. They now sit so pretty on the little pink shelf, happy as can be in my studio. I’ve got some canned air ready when they need dusting!
This post took much longer than I expected. That beast is calling me. Be back soon…